Monday, March 19, 2007

Room for Rent

Dear Ms Yamagata,

I thoroughly enjoyed your concert. It was kick ass. The whole night was great. Well ok maybe it was slightly dampened when a friend of mine messaged me all the way from Perth to tell me that The Vines will be playing in Oz just before I stepped into the Esplanade concert hall. But the show must go on.

Mid-way through your concert you mentioned that you like Singapore so much that you're thinking of getting an apartment here. Look no further my fair skinned musician! You can reside in my humble home for as long as you want. You can even share my room. I've got a pull out bed. As for your clothes, you can stack them in my sister's cupboard. If she resists or complains, just say that I ORDER her to make way for you. I'm the older brother and Asians have this thing abt seniority within the family unit. It's also called patriarchy. You should understand, you're half Asian yourself.

This is so exciting. We can learn so many things from each other. You can teach me how to play guitars and smoke while I can impart my knowlegde of comic books and the Singaporean virtue of Kiasuism.

The only problem you'll face staying here is that the lady living 1 floor down sneezes too loudly but you'll get used to it after abit. I find it more amusing than annoying really. Do call me @ 91857372 if you do choose to reside in sunny Singapore.

I'll be waiting for your call, Rachael.



PS: If you're looking for a maid, you can always call on the services of my younger sister. She's a little lazy with housework so a some training in becoming more domesticated would help. Thank you very nice.

8 comments:

ohmytian said...

hey! it's not my fault they're coming!

hatta said...

I need someone to blame.

Anonymous said...

i think they all say that. jason mraz said that too. he said he could live here. and so did a.j. from the backstreet boys. they're all lying you know. it's because you paid for their concert tickets that's why.

Anonymous said...

i think they all say that. jason mraz said that too. he said he could live here. and so did a.j. from the backstreet boys. they're all lying you know. it's because you paid for their concert tickets that's why.

Anonymous said...

i think they all say that. jason mraz said that too. he said he could live here. and so did a.j. from the backstreet boys. they're all lying you know. it's because you paid for their concert tickets that's why.

hatta said...

You're just jealous that yamagata wants to live with me and share cigs although I don't smoke.

ohmytian said...

i just realise your blog title says "Tales of a B-Grade Air Guitarist". HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

hatta said...

I'm gonna reply to your comments to make it look like I have a lot of comments.